- 500g baby new potato , halved
- 4 skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 350ml chicken stock
- small bunch tarragon
- 175g asparagus , trimmed
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraîche
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 8-10 mins until tender, then drain and keep warm in the pan. Season the chicken with ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Gently fry the chicken with the onion and garlic for 5 mins until both are lightly browned. Turn over the chicken once and stir the onion regularly.
- Pour over the stock, add 2 sprigs of tarragon and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 mins, then turn the chicken, add the asparagus and cook for 3 mins more. Chop the remaining tarragon.
- Stir the crème fraîche and tarragon into the pan with the chicken and heat through, stirring, for a few secs. Serve with the new potatoes.