Skip to content
- 75g butter or magarine
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 225g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of dried fruit or chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas 5.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the egg, adding a touch of flour to stop curdling.
- Add dried fruit or walnuts if using.
- Mash the bananas then stir into the mixture.
- Fold in the flour, mixed spice and salt.
- Spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Check cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre and making sure it comes out clean